Senior Tech Architect
A little about us
- Founded in 2016, Nivaura, a regulated fintech startup operating in the investment banking domain focused on primary capital markets automation.
- Our flagship technology suite, Aurora, is available to a range of participants, including banks, issuers, lawyers, paying agents and CSDs.
- Our team is led by an experienced group of technology, legal and capital markets experts, and is supported by a well-respected board of directors.
What you can expect
Do you have experience in the Fintech Industry?
Are you a problem solver?
Can you communicate well with members of all teams?
Then this is the position for you!
We are looking for someone who can combine their IT knowledge with a managerial/project manager role and be a bridge between our dynamic technology and the fast paced business teams.
We'd love to hear from people from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences, so we've outlined some key details of what the role looks like but we would love to hear why you think you'd be a good fit for us.
Our office in Verona remains closed during COVID19 and while we have every intention of returning to the office in Verona once it is safe to do so, this position is also available for those looking for 100% remote working.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead successful partnerships between business and technology teams throughout the formal SDLC. Working alongside managers or clients to agree their IT requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent people skills with the ability to cultivate team growth and unity throughout a project, especially in periods of high workload.
- Manage J2EE projects in various stages from architecture to design, development, and implementation.
- Report progress back to managers or clients
- Define the strategy guidelines for the technical evolution of products with the use of UML use case artifact creation.
- Define optimization strategies for the use of resources without creating dependencies.
- Troubleshooting, Problem solving and managing change in a rapidly evolving business environment through analysis and reporting: before, during and after the project reaches “go live”
- Recommend corrective actions for systemic infrastructure and operational issues that impact delivery teams.
- Define efficient development processes for quality and code reuse and testing and manage QA processes utilizing test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Keep all technical documentation of the products updated.
- Deliver results in high-pressure circumstances.
- Work on cloud server environments (AWS and others).
- Carry out some of the technical work, depending on your level of seniority.
- Perform architecture planning including sizing and performance optimization for cloud data migrations.
What you’ll need
- 5 + years of proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Excellent knowledge of frameworks: Java Frameworks such as Spring Boot, JPA, HIbernate and some knowledge of architecture frameworks would be nice.
- Data modeling and data flow diagram experience in relation to working with stakeholders, experts and users.
- Excellent knowledge on relational database (Postgresql, MySQL, etc) and optional for non-sql (MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate between communities.
- Ability to use a variety of design tools: such as the ability to model data or design
- Requirements analysis and management: viewed both from traditional and Agile perspectives
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Knowledge of strategic IT solutions
- Some knowledge of HTML5, CSS and JQUERY.(optional)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX)
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, VMware)
- Problem-solving aptitude both analytical and creative.
- Good time management skills.
Who you’ll be working with
- Development Team
- Research and Development team
Nivaura is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.